POSITION/TITLE: CNC Swiss Machinist
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
High precision micro component company seeks a motivated, self-starter CNC Swiss Lathe Machinist to help support continued growth. Primary responsibility is programming, setup and operation of Swiss lathe. Successful candidate will have knowledge of Swiss turning methods, techniques, tooling, software, and knowledge of machining a wide variety of materials. Successful candidate will demonstrate the company core values, People, Integrity, and Excellence, in all aspects of their assigned duties and responsibilities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Setup, program, and operate a Swiss lathe:
- Develop and accurately document processes.
- Identify tool requirements and order as needed.
- Identify materials required and order as needed.
- Program requires proficiency of DP Tech Esprit and manual programming.
- Operate a Nomura CNC Swiss lathe machine.
- Conduct in-process inspection to ensure high quality standards are met:
- Conduct inspection process using micrometers and microscopes.
- Document as required.
- Ensure that all Swiss lathe processes are performed in a quality manner, taking responsibility for on-time delivery and minimizing any quality issues.
- Work with production manager and others to complete projects in a safe and timely manner.
- Work in cooperation with the area managers and other toolmakers to ensure that machine usage time is maximized.
- Recommend and conduct preventative maintenance with area managers.
- Recommend to production manager/general manager any new or improved production processes.
- Work with sales/estimating to help accurately quote work.
- Practice good housekeeping.
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Must be familiar with all aspects of CNC turning:
- CNC lathe setup and operation.
- CNC Swiss lathe setup and operation.
- CNC Programming: DP Technology ESPRIT preferred.
- Solidworks exposure a plus.
- Required: One-year machining trade certificate or five years of Swiss turning experience.
- Required: Two or more years of CNC Machining and Programming experience.
- Required: CNC Lathe experience.
- Must be comfortable working with close tolerances and small parts.
- Must have basic computer skills.
- Must have excellent communication and detail-oriented skills.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in a team environment.
Nanotech Precision LLC is a work environment that promotes quality and personal growth. Visit our website at https://nanotechmn.com to learn more about our company. Qualified candidates may email a resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org.