POSITION/TITLE: CNC Swiss Lathe Operator
REPORTS TO: Production Manager
High precision machining services company seeks a motivated CNC Swiss Lathe Operator to help support continued growth. Primary responsibility is operation of Swiss lathes. Successful candidate will gain knowledge of Swiss turning methods, techniques, tooling, and software. Also, will gain knowledge of machining a wide variety of materials.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Operate swiss lathes. Accurately document processes.
- Conduct in-process inspection to ensure high quality standards are met.
- Ensure that all swiss lathe processes are performed in a quality manner, taking responsibility for on-time delivery and minimizing any quality issues.
- Work with production manager and machinists to complete projects in a safe and timely manner.
- Work in cooperation with the area managers and machinists to ensure that machine utilization is maximized.
- Conduct preventative maintenance.
- Recommend to the swiss machinists any new/improved processes.
- Practice good housekeeping.
Employee will be required to perform other duties as requested, directed or assigned.
- Required: Ability and willingness to learn, mechanical aptitude and basic understanding of machining
- Preferred: One-year machining trade certificate
- Preferred: CNC Swiss lathe experience
- Must be comfortable working with close tolerances and small parts
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must have excellent communication skills and be detail oriented
- Must be able to work cooperatively with others in team environment